Recipe courtesy of UK football season ticket holder Stephen Wilson
3lb Boneless Pork Country Style Ribs, cut into 1.5” Chunks
3lb Beef Chuck Roast, trimmed and cut into 1.5” Chunks
4lb Chicken Thighs, cooked, de-boned, and pulled
1lb Bacon, cut into ½” lardons
2 Gallons Chicken Stock
One Large Onion, ½” diced
2 Large Carrots, ½” diced
4 Large Ribs Celery, ½” diced
5 Large Cloves Fresh Garlic, smashed
4 32oz Cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes
1 Can Tomato Paste
3lb Red Potatoes, ½” Diced
1 Head Green Cabbage, chopped into 1” pieces
2lb Bag Frozen Peas
2lb Bag Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
3 16oz Cans Black Eyed Peas
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
2 Bay Leaves
Outdoor Turkey Fryer
Large Stirring Spoon
• Chop your meats and vegetables in advance. Be sure to store the potatoes in water.
• Cook bacon stirring constantly over medium heat.
• Add carrots, celery, onions, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
• Season the pork and beef with salt and pepper and add them. Cook until the meat is browned on all sides.
• Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Turn down heat to low and cook for one hour.
• Drain the tomatoes into the stock pot. Crush the tomatoes as you add them to the broth.
• Add the tomato paste, seasoning, Worcestershire, Hot Sauce, potatoes and cabbage. Cook until the potatoes are nearly fork tender, approximately another 30-45 minutes.
• Stir in Black Eyed Peas, Corn, and Green Peas. Cook for 10 minutes.
• Stir in the cooked pulled chicken for 5 minutes.
• Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve.